Two Internships for Credit Offered by The Peregrine Fund’s Global Raptor Impact Network & American Kestrel Partnership
The Peregrine Fund is offering two internships for the Spring 2018 semester to College of Western Idaho and Boise State University students. This program will provide an excellent opportunity for students to gain real-world experience working within a science-driven conservation organization that values public engagement. Students will work closely with professional researchers at The Peregrine Fund’s World Center for Birds of Prey as we implement the Global Raptor Impact Network (GRIN) and revolutionize how raptor science is conducted and disseminated around the world.
Interns must be available for 9 regularly scheduled hours/week between the hours of 9:30AM-4:30PM during the Spring 2018 semester. Please note that students who are awarded internships will be responsible for completing necessary paperwork and arranging payment for three credit hours at their institution.
- Students with an interest in biology, conservation, environmental education, natural resource management, or statistics are encouraged to apply.
- 9 hours/week for 15 weeks (135 total hours) for 3 credit hours (students may start during winter break to offset some hours).
- Interns must have reliable transportation to the World Center for Birds of Prey in Boise, ID.
- Applications for two internships are currently accepted for Spring 2018. Positions currently available include:
- Data Entry and Analysis (see description in PDF below)
- Environmental Education and Outreach (see description in PDF below)
- Applications must be received by December 5, 2017 at 11:59 pm.
To apply, please submit in a single email with the Subject Line: “GRIN: Internship Application” and the following materials to Sarah Schulwitz at Schulwitz.Sarah@peregrinefund.org:
- Completed basic information cover page (open PDF, last page of application).
- Letter of interest explaining why you are interested in this position and how your training and/or education has prepared you for this position.
- 1-page resume with your work and education experience.
- Email or phone contact for at least one professional reference (e.g., prior supervisor or educator).
See PDF for position descriptions, more details, and cover page to include in application.